The Astrologer's Box

I took a break after all of the holiday season lasering, so this is my first post in awhile. I’ve been wanting to make a box featuring a completely (all surfaces) carved look for awhile. This one is based on the great box design by @designvh619 . I redesigned the inner liner to have a bigger opening and deeper well. I’ve also grown to like the rounded edges look lately. Anyway, it’s good to be lasering again.

143 Likes

Wow…the box is beautiful and the colors really look fantastic. :blush:

6 Likes

OK…THAT IS AMAZING!!! I agree, I like the rounded edges as well.

10 Likes

That looks awesome!

4 Likes

Holy smokes you really did a super nice job on that! Amazing. I haven’t seen that hinge style before but I sure like that too.

6 Likes

Thanks, I developed that hinge for the side doors on the Barn I designed and loved that they were so easy so I use them for all of my boxes.

10 Likes

Love every panel inside and out. What a marvelous piece of work.

7 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

This is just stunning! I am of course, a huge fan of ancient Egyptian stuff, so there’s that. Your use of understated color is so beautiful.

5 Likes

Ooooh - yeah, stunning. Did you float bird in a pool of resin, or fill in around an engraving? Either way I love the look! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A mystical smorgasbord!

4 Likes

Adding my voice to the choir. Beautiful!

5 Likes

Be still, my beating heart. The coloring and detail on this box are just amazing!

4 Likes

Gorgeous!

3 Likes

Would you believe it’s a piece of Baltic Birch painted with Alcohol and Sharpie markers, coated in a sprayed glaze I bought at Home Depot? Nothing too fancy.

13 Likes

Stunning. Instantly covetable. Well done. So much here to like.

2 Likes

Too beautiful.

2 Likes

@TimF
WOW, what a thing of beauty. Amazing. Congratulations! (I am out of adjectives)
I am speechless. My hat is off to your workmanship.

4 Likes

An amazing piece of work! :capricorn: :aquarius: :gemini: :taurus: :libra: :sagittarius: :aries:

2 Likes

Beyond excellent! How many hours of engraving for the whole box if I may ask?

2 Likes