The Astrologer's Box

I love the colors on this! Really well done.

3 Likes

Utterly amazing. Love it.

4 Likes

Absofreaking Amazing! I will give you my address and my checkbook for that one!

2 Likes

That is AWESOME!!! SO freaking cool and inspiring!!!

2 Likes

Careful, that’s how you end up owning stuff!

1 Like

This is really beautiful. I love it - creativity and design and skill.

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

I am in awe…so beautiful!

2 Likes

Really very cool, outstanding job!

4 Likes

It’s super awesome!!!

3 Likes

This is fantastic! Did you shade with sharpie first and then paint alcohol after? Or did you soak a sharpie in alcohol and then paint? I am a teacher and I have a bunch of half dead sharpies.

1 Like

Wow, that looks like a great prop for an escape room. I may have to make something like that but with puzzles involved.

2 Likes

Absolutely GORGEOUS box! You did some great work with making it and the coloring :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stunning piece! Love it when I see an over the top piece of art. So glad you posted.

4 Likes

I could have worded my original response a little better. I used Sharpie Metallic colors for the Brass and Gold portions of the Eagle, as well as a Black Sharpie for the background (if it works… right?). For the Turquoise and Green / Blue portions of the wings, I used Arteza “Everblend” alcohol based markers. I can’t recommend them enough. The outer shell has >30 shades of Arteza markers used for the effect I was trying to create.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! Very helpful indeed. :+1:

1 Like

Just breathtaking!

2 Likes

Wow. Beautiful detail. And the stylistic colors are very fun.

1 Like

I guess compared to yours, Mine is a little basic. HAHA Still so amazed at the graphics you added.

4 Likes

I’m amazed at the designs you come up with. Adding graphics is easy. The basic box design is simple enough to be easy to build, but complex enough to wow anyone who sees one. What I love about boxes (especially your design) is that there are so many surfaces to decorate. That means that I can come up with a theme and fully express it across all of the panels. This was the first box where I thought “what if I decorated the liner too?” So, here is is. Now if I just had your design skills…

9 Likes