"The Auditor" - Mafia-themed display

Hi Everybody! So excited to share this one I just finished up, it was certainly interesting as it came together…

If one were part of the organized crime ring in the 40’s, and were skimming off the earnings of the Mafia, the “company auditor” was the last person one would want knocking down one’s door. He has files on everybody, and always collects the Family’s debts, one way or another, accepting cash, diamonds/jewelry, gold bars, cases of cigarettes…anything of value. If one had nothing of value, he had ways of making sure one never became a problem again.

Used the GF to engrave/cut the table/chair, suit, cigarette crate, and firearms from medium PG draftboard. The rest is 1/16" chipboard, cardstock, printed stuff, dowels, beads…stuff. I introduced a new medium to my works for this one, Acrylic modeling paste, I used it to give the dirt texture on the end of the shovel, as well as stippled all over the outside for the texture before painting it. Had never used it before and was super happy with the results. Overall size 6" cube.

Thank you for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

53 Likes

Wow, so many details to savor; nice work! How did you make the map?

10 Likes

Fabulous as always - I think my favorite subtle detail is the cinderblock and chain!

12 Likes

As an Italian-American I feel it’s my responsibility to make sure everybody knows…

There is no mafia.

:wink:

15 Likes

My favorite part is the all the stuff inside the suitcase. Fabulous work!

10 Likes

I love the hat and jacket. The mechanical side of me loves the electrical box and air vent!

9 Likes

This is great

4 Likes

Found an image online, searched New York map circa 1940’s or something like that. Was worried it wouldn’t be period-appropriate, but turns out the Queens Midtown Tunnel opened in 1940, so it worked out. folded it for the creases, glued it just in the four corners to the wall, then tiny strips of masking tape.

7 Likes

Oh, a wiseguy, eh?

8 Likes

Love it!! Love all the detail you put into it!!

6 Likes

That is impressive. But what, no cannolis?

8 Likes

hah, that alarm-clock/TNT “hollywood timebomb” is great.

6 Likes

My dad tells me his grandmother was partly responsible for the success/rise of the mafia, as she was president of the New Jersey WCTU during prohibition.
:flushed:
Martha

5 Likes

This is just amazing as usual! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Love it

1 Like