The beast has arrived

Well I remember the day the Glowforge PRU arrived and I wondered how I would possibly get it down into the basement… hahahahaha OK, well the plan for the CNC to get down is to rent a boom crane (available at our local Taylor Rental) and lift the CNC into the bed of the pickup, then drive it behind the house and then lift it again with the boom crane down the bulkhead onto a dolly in the basement. Luckily the front 2 pallets parts come off and I’ve gotten them already downstairs (compressor, tool changer, flood coolant kit, etc). Some of those are as heavy as the Glowforge was (although not quite as awkward).

Also I will never be able to look at the selfie without noticing that China is misspelled on the box…

25 Likes

One would think that the country of origin would be the one thing guaranteed to be spelled correctly, but then that implies thought and proofreading. Two things sorely lacking these days.

5 Likes

… that the people making the box can read english. I’m not so quick to be hard on that sort of thing, I mean can most of us tell if chinese text is correct? Plenty of western nations don’t even use the same name that we do – Suomi/Finland for example – so that.

6 Likes

Congrats! You’ll love it.

6 Likes

Not even the Finns can read Finnish…

4 Likes

Just don’t land anything on your foot! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I have known a couple of folks that just built a small crane on the back of their pickup.

Finland, Finland, Finland, the country where i’d like to be-ee-ee…

1 Like

I love the photo…and the description of the new arrival. Better you than me, no doubt…as my basement wouldn’t even come close to holding that new baby behemoth (oxymoron anyone?) I can only imagine what fun you will be having.

2 Likes

Your making stock just got a whole lot more expensive :joy: congrats!

1 Like

for making billet aluminum models of rectums?

5 Likes

More likely goat tags.

4 Likes

Make lots of goat statues! The everyone could get your goats.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.