The boys say hello from snowy Boston

Collective Awwwww.

My morning was devoid of cuteness. We just got a layer of slush overnight that didn’t look like much, but weighed a ton.

7 Likes

My daughter sums it up with “all the goats in the world have one shared brain cell between them, but today isn’t your goat’s turn”

7 Likes

We got a foot of snow. Up to his neck. Ran (swam?) back and forth across the yard twice and was exhausted and ready to go back inside…

#Snowshark

11 Likes

It just keeps getting better and better!

4 Likes

Appreciated all the fun in this thread … As did my grandchildren!

4 Likes

I recently made a nice little bridge for them on the play structure I built out of a downed tree (which we jokingly call the “skybridge”) which of course instantly led to “oh, we can now fight on multiple levels!” Luckily their indestructible nature comes into play here, where they don’t get hurt by goring each other with their pretty sharp horns… I need to finally try this out on my goats (I suspect as dwarf goats they are quicker with less force than the full sized guys):

4 Likes

BTW For those who care that is 2x6" knotty cedar which I filleted with a router using a 1/2" roundover bit and then countersunk the 1/4"x3" lag bolts into countersinks by 1/2" forstner bits. (goats love the cedar shavings from the Forstner as an afternoon snack apparently). The bridge has a 1/4" space between the 2 planks for drainage. I used cedar as I was worried they’d eat pressure treated and get sick. At least cedar is edible.

The stump on the right side of the bridge is the remains of a willow that came down last winter, which we tried to pull with the tractor put couldn’t move it, so decided to incorporate it.

3 Likes

The boys were struggling in the deep snow on the hike this morning. It’s up to their chests. and it was exhausting breaking trail for them (they are too light to really break up the crust, and if they bunny-hop they just get their legs stuck).

But that didn’t stop Butterscotch from climbing on Rocky’s back to get to the “treat pocket” in my hoodie.

And when we got near the barn on the way back, Rocky shot ahead out of excitement:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.