The Double Eye of the Almighty... And Larkins!

Mr. Brandon Sanderson (Bro. Sanderson?) and his company Dragonsteel decided to do a Kickstarter for the leather bound version of The Way of Kings. It GORGEOUS. And it comes with some wicked cool swag. One of the items is a set of all 10 Knights Radiant insignias as challenge coins (No way, you’re not a Lightweaver! SHOW ME YOUR COIN!)

So naturally, I had to make a display.

Behold. The Double Eye of the Almighty, and Larkins. Based on the artwork found on the front inside of The Way of Kings hardcover. Made from cherry, mahogany, maple and walnut plywood (bought on Etsy, and it’s great! PlanksAndBlanksLLC)

Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

*** Images are pre-finish and pre-glue, because I actually had to add another layer behind the circles so the coins didn’t fall through. These pictures are to show more if the larkin’s bodies ***

And reference photo. I opted out of including the surges as well, because it would have been too busy for the small size. If I ever make a larger version, I’ll include the surges and make my own tokens of the Radiant insignias.

27 Likes

This looks very cool and very intricate. Nice work @crkjelstrom!

4 Likes

You have shamed me into admitting I do not take my gaming seriously.
Nice job on that exhibit. The different depth details make it leap out.

It is a work of love that proves you, at least, take your gaming seriously, and your fellow gamers probably appreciate that.

4 Likes

It’s not a game, it’s an awesome fantasy series. :wink:

7 Likes

Double shamed and spitting blood as I rise.
I guess I do not take my fantasy series seriously either.
Regardless, it came out awesome. Be proud.

6 Likes

Reminds me of those cardboard sheets you used to get to put collectable coin-like medallions in as a kid.

Meant in a good way, by the way…

4 Likes

This is really impressive.

3 Likes

@arh2 thank you!

@brokendrum haha, as @geek2nurse said, not a game. Though there actually is a game, named Call to Adventure: The Stormlight Archive. But this one is about the books. Thank you for your compliments!

@eflyguy thanks xD I figured it was meant to be a good thing. Nostalgia for stuff like that is usually good!

@dklgood thank you so much!

3 Likes

Oh wow, this is really next level! Now we need to see the final version with coins in.

3 Likes

Truly an amazing piece! My sister is the master of that part of the Universe, I lost the wave mid 1970s and don’t have enough lifetime left to catch up., but the work is truly awesome.

2 Likes

Love all the intricate details! Great work!

3 Likes

It’s never too late to read The Way of Kings. You won’t be sorry. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know nothing of the source material, but what you’ve made here is inspiring. Amazing work.

2 Likes

It might be too early as they screwed up my reading glasses and the world collapsed before I could get them to fix it. :cry:

1 Like