The Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field

Here’s my take on historic Wrigley Field…and a miniature Christmas ornament.

The key I have found in modeling a lot of these old stadiums with the upper decks that extend over the lower decks, or in the case of old Tiger Stadium, over the field there needs to be a spacer layer. Otherwise you just end up with stair step layers and not the true architecture.

23 Likes

Here is a better view of the elevation.

14 Likes

Yeah these kinds of models are clever. Nice simple concept, but if executed well (as they are here) they make an oversized impact.

You mentioned that UGA asked you to take one down, does that kind of litigiousness figure into the things you’ll consider making?

7 Likes

This is the one I have been waiting for!! Love it.

4 Likes

Very well done!

4 Likes

Great job – and no lights!

4 Likes

And no obnoxious giant video boards.

5 Likes

Thanks.

As far as legalities go, I treat these as architectural models and the only logos and word marks I use are ones on the field (football) or ones that are part of the actual building. Some athletics departments seem more aggressive than others, Georgia and Mizzou specifically. Those are the guidelines I use.

5 Likes

It looks great (and as a St. Louis Cardinal fan, there is nothing friendly about that place :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

5 Likes

I’ll DM you my address so you can send one to me for Christmas. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I believe that technically the design of the building is copyrighted, much like the Space Needle in Seattle. So any representation of the architecture would be an infringement. Like anything, you can roll the dice and see if they come after you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes