The future is now! What can we do with these new technologies?

I’m creating this as a place for new technologies to be explored. The first I will share is a radar sensor developed by Google. I can imagine uses in a Glowforge. Can you?

28 Likes

Oh wow, just wow. VR is going to get one hell of an upgrade. 3D scanning is going to get a lot better now. This is really cool

6 Likes

I’m not sure why they would think we wouldn’t understand it. Solid state radar technology has been around for a long time. They did an amazing job with the micro sizing of it and the software to interpret, etc. It would appear like magic to average people, but few on this list are average. - Rich

13 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if the Salem witch trials all got going over some DIY science the kiddos saw on youtube.

7 Likes

The gesture-controlled radio mockup just made me think of this excerpt:

A loud clatter of gunk music flooded through the Heart of Gold cabin as Zaphod searched the sub-etha radio wave bands for news of himself. The machine was rather difficult to operate. For years radios had been operated by means of pressing buttons and turning dials; then as the technology became more sophisticated the controls were made touch-sensitive–you merely had to brush the panels with your fingers; now all you had to do was wave your hand in the general direction of the components and hope. It saved a lot of muscular expenditure, of course, but meant that you had to sit infuriatingly still if you wanted to keep listening to the same program.
Zaphod waved a hand and the channel switched again.

From The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.

13 Likes

MAnnn you call yourself a tech enthusiast? Project Soli is soooo two+ years ago. :wink: hahahah.

3 Likes

Exciting times we live in!!

LOL…That very same thing has been said in every century since the Magna Carta. The GF is a huge step forward in one technology as well. - Rich

1 Like