The heart of our family

I am just a beginner but I was so pleased to create this necklace charm from acrylic. I wasn’t sure if it was possible to cut so fine lettering.
Heart of family charm or hanger
This is my first file share so I hope I have done it right …

21 Likes

It is a great feeling of accomplishment when you can create something that you imagine. It is clear that you will be enjoying the experience that your Glowforge makes possible.

Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

Nice work. Lots of people are surprised by how small you can go. One community member took it to the extreme.

7 Likes

Beautifully done, thanks for the share!!

2 Likes

Beautifully done! Switching between the cut and the engrave is such a neat look :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Do you have a picture of the final result? Would be cool to see how it looks.

2 Likes

That’s a really lovely design! Welcome to the world of lasers! You’re off to a great start. I have a question…

…the words on top that are upside down…won’t they cut that way, too?

If you can post a photo of your finished cut, it will probably just answer my questions.

3 Likes

I only did it upside down as I put it on a path with a heart. I could have changed it but felt it looked better this way. I will try to put a picture of the final item on here later.
Thank you everyone for the encouragement - hugs

3 Likes

That is beautiful. It is so nice to be able to make gifts to give to people that have meaning.

1 Like

That’s a clever way to attach the cutout and engraved letters like that.

4 Likes

I do understand how it ended up that way, but it’s possible to still keep all the lettering right side up and continue to follow the heart-shaped path. I was just thinking it would be difficult to read as it is now…but, I’ll look forward to seeing your finished cut…I could be missing something obvious.

2 Likes