The holiday season is coming!

Seeing the project of Forestmbrown “First self-made project!” gave me a little bit inspiration. So after a bit of autocad and using my glowforce “a star was born!” Used a few pieces of medium acrylic and thin walnut, maple veneer. Hope you like it!star2020_01

34 Likes

Very nice! I like the darker one!

What size are they? I don’t have anything for context? Banana?

2 Likes

The cross is 27 x 21 cm (10.5 x 8.5 inch)

2 Likes

Use the Glowforce Luke. :wink:

This is really awesome - it’s very colorful. I’m amazed by those who can do these types of projects. Don’t think I’ll ever get to that level. Well done!

3 Likes

Nice inlay work!

2 Likes

Lovely result.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Oh that’s lovely! I like each of them better than the one I’m not looking at :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@ All thank you!

Did go on yesterday evening and it looked nice at my window!

@cynd11 … well it is more onlay work!

10 Likes

Bahahahahahaha!

1 Like

They looked good in the original photo but look amazing with light coming through!

4 Likes

Gorgeous work. I’ve considered similar projects but always got stuck on a good way to assemble. Would you mind sharing what glue you are using and if there’s some special technique?

1 Like

It’s just like a puzzle between two sheets of thin maple and walnut veneer the double sided tape holds it in place. You could glue the acrylic if you wanted too. Assembly is a matter of minutes. Most of the work is drawing the files.
I scaled it first that became an disaster because the angles get different if you scale. The second try i used offset and it fits fine.
But i can send the files if you want them!
The glue i use for acrylic:

Gr. Roy

2 Likes

Posted the files in the Free Laser Design section!

2 Likes

Getting colder here time to use more frost acrylic! Another Saturday of experimenting!

Maybe i could do a Christmas card that way

7 Likes

Ooh - you could do the card itself in cardstock so you could print it in a printer, and then cut out a hole to slide your star into so the recipient could pull out the star and hang it as an ornament :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep I was thinking something like that. That’s why I put the holes in it the last minute so you could hang it al so. The saga continues :blush:

1 Like

golden oldie clothespin Rudolph the laser way :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s a really nice one. I love the expression . :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like