The Joy of Overcommunication

From time to time we post articles on the Glowforge Blog that are more about the company, our thoughts on startups, or musings on business and tech. I thought I’d share one I posted yesterday in case y’all find it interesting! If you read it, let us know what you think.

11 Likes

What are your thoughts on how that applies in a larger circle of company to customers, rather than just an internal loop of employee -> management -> employees?

3 Likes

Good article, and a good battle to fight. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A lot of good advice, particularly this quote.

“The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”

I use it all the time when it becomes clear the idea didn’t come across. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

That’s a great question! There are so many different contexts that all of us humans communicate in. I know that the way I communicate with my wife is different from how I communicate with my kids, which is also different from how I communicate with my friends, or with vendors that we use at work.

1 Like

Ah, that’s a much clearer version of something I say all the time: it’s easy to forget who wasn’t in the room. I see this a lot, where a group of people (often some sort of “leadership” group) talk about an issue for so long that they become unaware that everyone else knows about it.

4 Likes

Given the number of people surprised (and upset) at the lack of communication from GF on their issues (3 day turnaround, lack of knowledge about shipping, lack of knowledge about repairs), this really reads to me as a troll from GF to the community.

And a big ole politician response of side stepping the question posed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.