The Krusty Krab trinket/dice box

Whooooooooo lives in a pineapple, under the sea? SPONGE-BOB SQUAREPANTS, of course. I have no idea what possessed me to do this one, I think it started with an off-hand thought of challenging myself to make a miniature Krusty Krab, just to experiment with slats around a curve and the ‘wire’ on the sides. But then when I got the base structure down, I decided to make it functional by cutting it partly in half and give it hinges. Big enough for a set of dice or small trinkity things. Maybe I’ll make Spongebob and Patrick figures for it or something. Kiddo will probably get it of course (the benefits of being the son of a compulsive ‘maker’?) Draftboard and (mostly brown) sharpie.

And I have no idea why, but I think brown is the smelliest of all the sharpies…

Thanks for taking a look and until next creation, Happy Forging!

62 Likes

An absolute delight!!

2 Likes

Fabulous.

4 Likes

Never watched any SpongeBob. Had to google to see the original.

For the similarly clueless:

10 Likes

Nicely done! Is it waterproof?

6 Likes

As always this is very cool! You have serious talent!

3 Likes

I wish! I’d put it in the fish tank if it were. I probably could seal it well enough, except chances are I probably wouldn’t get it sealed well enough :rofl:

2 Likes

Genius design, like all your others!

3 Likes

If you want to fill it for the kiddos, click the link

2 Likes

That link goes to Walmart.com. Just for those of you that prefer to know where random links might take you.

3 Likes

Amazing :clap:

2 Likes

This looks fantastic. My kids and now grandkids love spongebob. He’s one cartoon character that really gets on my nerves…can’t like him :rofl:

4 Likes

Could you make it out of acrylic to go in the water? Leave the lid partly open so the fish can hide. Make the characters out of acrylic as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’d spend more on the acrylic than a final product, it’s only 7 bucks and change:

https://www.amazon.com/Penn-Plax-Krusty-Krab-Ornament/dp/B003BI03HS

3 Likes

Very cute!

1 Like

So cool

1 Like

Cool. And…. Thanks for almost getting that theme stuck in my head. I stoped reading that part just in time.

1 Like

What fun! Love that it is functional!

1 Like

This is perfect!

1 Like

You are absolutely welcome! I’m just happy he’s more or less past the Baby Shark phase…