The lighter side

Its not all work and no play, got to have some fun sometime. :grinning:

Or maybe I have to much time on my hands.

Put this on your GF.

I used birch plywood, acrylic might look cool when
the button starts flashing.

GF dont touch button.zip (20.7 KB)

33 Likes

Reverse psychology. NO TOUCH.
Must Touch Button…image

11 Likes

Cute!

1 Like

Great button art. Just in case some of the newcomers haven’t dug deep into past practice:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=escutcheon

7 Likes

LOL!

Reminds me of a story a friend told me. He was an Operator at Grand Coulee Dam and other dams. They put a huge red button on the wall that said “Do Not Press”. It was wired into sirens, flashing lights, and the lights on the control panel that controlled the entire dam hydro electrical system.

They gave tours on a regular basis and one of the high school groups had a kid that just could not resist and pressed the “Do Not Press” button.

The entire control room was blasted with loud siren noises and an array of multi-color flashing lights. Scared the Beegeebers out of the kid. He settled down when the operators turned off the lights and sirens and told him it was just something they had wired up as a joke.

14 Likes

Thank you for the Freaking awesome link :crazy_face:

4 Likes

What happens when you press it?

A sign lights up saying “please do not press this button again.”

2 Likes

Like a “Wet Paint” sign and people are compelled to touch and see if it is… :smirk:

4 Likes

When was at Maker Faire, I definitely would have needed a button cover because folks kept pressing it throughout a print. Nowadays with different behavior, there would be lots of pauses.

3 Likes

You’d need a protective tent for your button!

2 Likes

This begs a question: given the level of nerd that’s been here and is at GF HQ, why does the glowy button not turn red when ready? It’s a button of great destructive power that needs to be red to push!!

6 Likes

I agree. White is lame lol.