The Manual

I am sure that in the hive there are one or more talented people putting together a large illustrated PDF of the manual. This certainly has to be in a final form at shipping date. I (unusually for a doc) enjoy reading the manual ahead of time. I’d like to suggest a Beta test group for the manual. Those who have the machines, obviously, but maybe others could feed back comments. I volunteer.

16 Likes

Me too! (Have occasionally edited manuals, not that’s that’s necessarily a plus here.)

2 Likes

I’m in. I was a technical writer before I quit to raise kids and remodel the house.

4 Likes

From what some of the beta user’s have let slip, they might have a manual. And it might have a “Hello World” section.

5 Likes

Still think it would be cool to have your first project in the manual. “Make this wooden manual cover!”

4 Likes

I love how different people are. Haha. I’ll be part of the Beta test group that doesn’t ever read the manual. Unless it’s a series of quick IKEA-style pictures, I’m not probably not going to open it.

4 Likes

Adding an @dan to improve chances that he sees this thread. Seems like a really good idea to me. though they might be a bit busy with hardware beta testing and final production now to want to add management of manual beta users right now.

I’d be so in with this. I’m a user-centered technical writer and editor with a lot of experience conducting low-cost document-usability testing. I’m a manual geek.

2 Likes

Thanks all! We’re good for now but may take you up on this later.

3 Likes

Is a manual geek different than an automatic geek?

6 Likes

…there could be a shifting definition…

5 Likes

Bwahahahahaha!:joy:

1 Like

Only in a clutch situation…

9 Likes