Hahaha yessss!

4 Likes

@dan knows what’s up!

3 Likes

Looks great!!

2 Likes

What a fantastic design! FANTASTIC!

3 Likes

That turned out beautiful! Nice contrast and detail. Love the clear etched acrylic overlay button too!!

2 Likes

That’s really nice!

2 Likes

That is AWESOME. Neverending Story is one of my favorites.

The artwork you used is exceptional. Did you do it yourself?
It’s so clean.

3 Likes

Hey @willcfc thanks so much! Yes indeed, line art and oldschool 3D for red/blue glasses are my focuses. Very excited to finally expand the line art into flat and layered materials with the GF!

3 Likes

Truly…beautiful work. Can’t wait to see what else you do.

Any chance you’d be willing to share? I’d love to have those girls on a standee on my desk once I get mine! =P

1 Like

I love the line work in this! I especially enjoy the way you Incorporated the book into the design :grin:

1 Like

Thanks again! More to come for sure. For this one, I do have some other plans for the illustration coming up, so let’s table that discussion for now.

That does raise an interesting topic though for the Hopper @dan , what if users could share a design straight to another user’s dashboard but with a limited use, similar to how some of the design catalogue is set up for single print?

5 Likes

That’s a FANTASTIC idea.

AWESOME!! Really great design and the contrast on the maple is beautiful.

Yeah, acrylic kerf can be quite large and I usually start at .005. But acrylic kerf can change depending on how narrow the piece is and other factors. We had quite the discussion on it here.

3 Likes

Thanks @kittski ! Can you elaborate on what it means that you start at .005?

I’m out of likes, but I wish I could give you 10 for that. That’s my favorite escutcheon so far.

2 Likes

That is amazing!

1 Like

Sorry 'bout that. I mean when I want to adjust for kerf, I start at enlarging the piece I want to put back into the cutout by .005". Here, I’m better at pictures, hope this makes sense. :grin: If you cut the yellow circle out and want to put the blue circle in and have it fit snug, add .005" to the blue circle to compensate for the kerf. I’ve had to go as high as .008" for a few acrylic cuts.

17 Likes

Aww thanks for taking the time to draw that up! I imagined that’s what you meant, but wasn’t entirely sure if we were talking inches, stroke point weight, etc. Thanks @kittski !

3 Likes

OMG I love this, I have not seen these in decades

1 Like

Wow, this is The Best! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: