The old standby...well, items to sell

Thanks for the video, I’ve yet to try tile in the GF and am now excited to try it. What brand of markers do you recommend?

Sharpie is quick and not so expensive. You can go all the way up to Copic if your budget supports it. In reality, anything with an alcohol base is great. Even permanent marker washes off pretty easily with magic eraser (or generic equivalent) and water. They also wash off with rubbing alcohol, but that fades the colors (which might be your desire in certain cases). In general, I just grabbed some double-tip (wedge and fine) markers in art supplies and did well with them.

2 Likes

Excellent job! It was just like sitting at your elbow. Thanks! (And hi to lasercat.)

She and her brother will certainly feature in future videos. I figure they will not always be silent during voiceovers, among other things.

1 Like

Thanks! I found what I think is a great deal on amazon. Copic double tip markers 168 colors for $88. Another package with only 24 colors was $69 so I feel like I’m getting a killer deal. I’m super excited to try these out. Thanks again

2 Likes

real Copics or knock-offs? I thought their largest sets were 72-color. If you got 168 real Copics for $88 you got a screaming deal.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: that’s so like me! I’m way too hasty. They are totally knockoffs but I guess I’ll be seeing if they are any good. At least they are from amazon with free return.:grin:

sometime knockoffs are just as good as the original, sometimes they aren’t… Hopefully these are! Let us know when you have tried them out.

2 Likes

Mine would be knockoffs, work great on tile.

Note: Lasercat is her title. She and brother are Lasercats 1 and 2. Her name is Boo.

2 Likes

I loved the tree you did and wanted to do something similar for my mom with all the kids and grandkids listed. BTW The knock-off Copics work great. The zipper on the bag already broke but I had planned to make something on the GF to hold them anyway. Thanks for all your advice and inspiration on this project!

6 Likes

Really nice result there.

1 Like