The secret word for today is SHAPE

Edit: For those that want to see the video I made, here is the link. https://youtu.be/pboQxuKv6Ts
Be warned, this is not a groundbreaking technique, just one that I think works well. :slight_smile:

I really dislike living hinges to bend material and didn’t want to use steam or water, so I went old school. Here is the Sunflower Bowl. 12.5"W x 3.75"H. Used 2 boards of 1/8" MDF. Needs some tweaking and paint, but it works pretty well. Petals slot into the base so they can be taken apart if need be. Fun exercise in design.

Sorry for the crappy looking Oranges, but the tree in the yard doesn’t have any good ones on it right now. LOL

Happy Thursday Everyone!

44 Likes

Beautiful bowl.

2 Likes

Thanks! I get tired of just designing flat things. LOL

4 Likes

so, how did you get it to bend?

5 Likes

Im doing a video on it. Should be done by the weekend. Pretty simple old school technique.

6 Likes

13 Likes

HAHAHAHA! Love it!

2 Likes

Heat maybe?

1 Like

No, I thought of that, but it may make the glue unstable.

It’s lovely…and don’t apologize for your :tangerine: :tangerine: :tangerine: Many of us have to buy them in the stores!

4 Likes

I hear that. The funny thing is I never eat them. LOL

1 Like

Sweet. I have a steam box i made for bending wood that’s on my list of to-dos. You’ve inspired me. You bowl looks great too.

3 Likes

I was doing that from day one, but tired of the effort,

4 Likes

It is an effort but like your picture shows it does pay off! :slight_smile:

Lovely bowl!

2 Likes

Dude! Stop it! Really! Too many great designs…

But seriously, that is amazing.

3 Likes

@designvh619 I like your bowl, this would definitely be perfect for someone with lactose intolerance eating breakfast cereal.

1 Like

Again you wow us! I am so on the edge of my seat waiting for that video…

2 Likes

LOL…well that is true. I guess I should call it a basket. LOL

1 Like

LOL. Thanks, I have been going through old files and seeing what is there. A few good ideas still in there.