The Trayless Jig-O-Matic

Wasn’t that in a marvel movie?

3 Likes

Yeah. Bad things happen everytime.

5 Likes

Do these interfere with the GF? Are they magnetized on the top as well as the bottom? I’ve seen the reference to these in the past but wasn’t sure if they interfered.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

when they still have the metal plates attached, there is little to no magnetism on the top. you can flip them over metal side down on the crumb tray and it won’t stick at all. that’s one of the reasons they work so well.

4 Likes

Looks like I’m going to have to give this a go!

2 Likes

The backplate on HD magnets usually has some threaded holes. I installed a short handle on mine, makes them much easier to insert and remove.

4 Likes

I opened this within seconds of my wife asking when I was going to start working on the cutting boards she purchased.

3 Likes

and I am printing them now

4 Likes

I have printed eight of these, I always over do it, and expect to use them this week. looks to be one of the best accessories for the :glowforge: in a while. thanx again.

3 Likes

Action shots

15 Likes

Do you have a list of what thickness boards should rest on what level?

1 Like

Great, I’ll need to get some!

2 Likes

Get the top in the orange zone. No computing needed!

8 Likes

@henryhbk

Had a friend make these with his 3D printer for me, he only charged me for the filament which is pretty generous of him. I’m super excited to see how well they work, thanks for the pattern!

@henryhbk My wife has a suggestion for version 2.0 make rounded ones to handle rounded wood!

1 Like

Wait, which way do you mean “rounded”:

1. this?

2. or this:

2 Likes

@henryhbk actually it would be more rounded/curved so as to be able to accommodate a round cut of wood such as what’s gotten from the craft store or if you cut a circle for one of those sign decorations

Like if I had this cut out and needed to burn it without the crumb tray for some reason. That would be extremely useful for sure

1 Like

That should sit on the rectangular version (tangent) since I can’t make every possible radius. But easy enough to make a jig like this if it’s a common specific diameter (but differing thicknesses) you do for frequent batches.

1 Like

I too am printing a set of these!
This is exciting!
Thanks for the design!

1 Like