The vertical one

Impressed with your learning curve. You stuck with it until you had outstanding results.

3 Likes

I’ve only cut one small piece of leather on my GF ever and that was for the guitar keychain (for my dad’s 76th birthday).
Now THIS is giving me INSPIRATION however I will not be doing anything about it right now but will definitely bookmark for future reference!
Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

And again impressive work. Thanks for showing it.

1 Like

Gorgeous. Pictures are fantastic too!

4 Likes

The leather work is simply stunning, as is the photography.

3 Likes

amazing stuff. you got me thinking about leather now.

This is the image I was trying to engrave. The test prints were fantastic (I really wanted to say a “Tony the Tiger” GREEAAATTT!!!)

4 Likes

For cutting it’s usually pretty clean, when you get to engraving an image it can start to get a little sooty (depending on the heat and complexity you put it through. For that, I’d recommend (not masking) a leather cleaner and it will clean the soot away. No need to mask leather.

2 Likes

Very well done. you are rightfully proud of end product.

Someday I hope to use BEAMER for leather work. waiting… waiting… waiting…

Really lovely - nice design and excellent stitching!

Wow. Beautiful!

Wonderful craftsmanship!

lovely work!

Same thing happened to me when I finally Got around to using the sample proof great leather. The masking was not easy to takeoff.

1 Like

Beautiful job! I cut out a checkbook cover but still unsure what thread to use for the stitching. Did you use a waxed specialty thread for leather or just a thicker sewing thread/cord?

Hello, and thank you verry much. No i dont use waxed thread. I use regular machine poliester thread, 0.45 thicknes.

2 Likes

May I ask what oz Leather and what type leather works so well on your GF?

I work with italian vegetable tanned leather, for example this wallet is made from badalassi carlo pueblo. In my atelier i mostly have 1-2 ~ 1.5mm. Thickness. And a few pieces of Horween with 2.00mm. I dont recomend using Chrome tanned leather, because that kind of leather burns, and can damage your machine. Basicly you can cut almost any thickness, you just have to play around With the settings. And ofcourse it really Matters the quality of the material m

2 Likes

That is awesome, what’s the best source for that type of leather? now I am interested in knowing what equipment you used to take your photo’s they are very nice of course…

1 Like

In the US - RockyMountain leather supply for sure, for Europe - balticleather.it , Or beltsproduction.com . For the photos i dont use something special. I have Cannon 800D and 50mm Cannon lens wich is around 500 bucks for both. For the Lightning I use only natural Light.

3 Likes