The vertical one

When i started my journey into the leather world , I dreamed of being able to make my own designs . When I first downloaded Adobe illustrator and launched it, I was just mind-boggling about how complicated it looks… Still, I didn’t give up. I watched tons of video tutorials… And yes, I’ve learned… Now i I see myself as a modern craftsman. I like how illustrator and glowforge work together, its a absolute breeze…

I am really happy to share my new design i made yesterday. As you can see This is a vertical unisex cardholder with an external coin pocket with zipper. The wallet also has 10 slots for Credit cards and two hidden pockets underneath, for money. The beautiful autumn combination makes it extremely stylish and attractive.

Because quality Matters!

121 Likes

Beautiful. Really beautiful.

10 Likes

Those are all fantastic. I tried my first leather project the other night (with horrid results).
The masking was so firmly adhered to the leather that I could barely remove it, by the time I got it off the leather was stretched and deformed plus the image didn’t engrave very well. Your post has me thinking about trying again.

10 Likes

Dont give up, i reall dont use masking. For 1.2~1.5mm leather i use (proof grade settings for thick natural leather, but i make the power 68~75) and it cuts absolutely clean, without Charr. If its softer leather just run some test and see what works for you, but the glowforge is capable to cut clean leather, without masking

13 Likes

Thank you very much :blush:

1 Like

What makes this especially beautiful is the elegant design and perfect stitching.

9 Likes

I’m glad the design is appreciated, thanks for the wonderful words and high appreciation :blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

Not only does it look beautiful, it looks like it’s stitched to last a lifetime, I don’t know much about leather, but I do believe that wallet will be around for a long time! Great job!

7 Likes

Beautiful craftsmanship! Also, kudos for setting your mind to learning Illustrator and getting it done.

9 Likes

This says it all. Your work is so beautifully simple and extraordinarily elegant.

8 Likes

It’s beautiful with perfect stitching!

7 Likes

This is gorgeous and so well made.

8 Likes

I love looking at the detail of your work. Thank you for sharing with us.

6 Likes

Beautiful design, and really practical. It has all the features I want in a wallet!

8 Likes

I was using proof grade leather, but I think it must have been old. I have another piece that I going to try, but first I will remove the masking from it. I had run some tests on cardstock that came out nicely, but it didn’t translate well to the leather.

5 Likes

The proof grade veg tan is really nice. Try using your proof grade strongs for the thickness you have, and downgrade just a little bit the power no more then lets sa6 5~7 and you should yet reall clean cut

3 Likes

NIcely done! Craftsman is right! Beautiful design, too!

4 Likes

As always your work is beautiful. Thank you inspiring our community.

2 Likes

This is just stunning. Perfect components needed for a wallet!

3 Likes

Exquisite quality and beautiful design, absolutely gorgeous. I feel the same as you about the learning process, it’s like a whole new world has opened for me. I love seeing your work, it’s brilliant.

4 Likes