The Vintage Tailor

Hi Everyone! So…y’all gonna hate me for this, but I’m just having too much fun with this miniature stuff! :rofl: This one came from just trying a ball of thread out of a pony bead and over the last week or so it’s evolved in to this very vintage tailor shop scene where someone is apparently ready to purchase a lot of accessories for their finest suit. I got the best picture and angle I could to show everything, pardon the shadows. Quarter for scale. It was a very interesting piece in that I would not have been able to make it without the GF, but the GF elements aren’t the center of attention.

And now, for the tour. The floor and walls are 1/16" chipboard/paperboard wrapped in patterned cardstock, the mirror is 3 frames of 1/16" chipboard laser-cut on the forge, hit with gold sharpie, and backed with silver cardstock. The standing block is two layers of medium drafboard blacked with sharpie. The empty rack with the hangers is medium draftboard, I lasered pilot holes in to the arm bar and screwed eyelets up through it, a dab of hot glue on top hit with silver for little knobies. The hangars are made from paperclips.

The cabinet in the back is medium draftboard with a paperclip clothes bar through holes in the side and center divider. The slacks and vests are cricut-cut from cardstock and the vests have tiny hot glue buttons (I’ll mention here that my hot glue method is not gun, but rather the bic lighter method of just heating up a little bit of the end of the stick and grabbing little bits with the pointy part of a paperclip, and reheating it with the flame before putting it where I need). The bolts of fabric underneath are strips of patterned cardstock around 1/6" chipboard.

The counter is medium draftboard, the silver tray is a bottle cap blank, the balls of thread are embroidery thread wrapped around segments of a straw, then a thin strip of parchment paper. The pin cushion is a 1/4" medium draftboard circle with a pillow I made from a napkin and a red sharpie, copper jewelery wire pints with tiny hot glue knobs. The awl is a segment of paperclip with a big hot glue knob formed into a handle and hit with brown sharpie, the tape measure from a piece of cardstock, as is the top hat and belt. The belt buckle is paperclip wire, the bow tie is embroidery thread on a tissue pillow in a cardstock box. The receipt board is a strip of parchment rolled up on a frame fashioned from a paperclip then glued on to cardstock.

The rolls of fabric under the counter are cardstock strips on wooden dowels. The clock on the wall is a bottle cap blank that I painted black then hit with bronze sharpie, printed out a clock face and put a round pre-made resin sticker over it. The bow-tie box and all the brown boxes were generated using @evermorian 's post of the Deck in a Box (Generator) (I put it to the test and got the small black box at 7 mm x 7 mm x 12 mm and it worked beautifully!).

Thanks everyone for taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

59 Likes

Do not be sorry, and please keep sharing! These are adorable.

13 Likes

What fun!

11 Likes

It’s great when little experiments turn into mini discoveries.

8 Likes

I love all your designs and this one is no exception. Thanks for the process details—very helpful!

9 Likes

This is adorable. I love seeing your creativity so keep sharing!!

5 Likes

What a fantastic project. I keep finding more details to admire.

5 Likes

Wow, This is incredible it actually looks like a full size real life tailor shop odzicari! The possibilities are endless with this machaine, ours hasn’t come yet but we are axiously awaiting for it to arrive.
Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

This is am amazing amount of detail. Very well done.

6 Likes

Forgot the scissors.

Just joking. Awesome display and more awesome being so small.

6 Likes

Your miniatures are just amazing! I love you eye for detail and creative use of materials!

6 Likes

Amazing and love all the tiny detailed work!

5 Likes

You make my brain hurt! No way my imagination is anywhere near that good to create your designs! They are absolutely fabulous! Well done! Thank you so much for always posting your creations. I love them!

9 Likes

It’s beautiful - Keep sharing, I love miniatures like this :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Why would we hate you? This is ADORABLE!!! I love it!

7 Likes

OMG! I can’t stop l :eyes:king at this!!!

4 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

Beyond adorable!!!

3 Likes

I’m loving your foray into miniatures! The wallpaper reminds me of some I found as the very bottom layer when renovating a house built in 1901, it was like this on top with a dado border on it in the same tones, very thin, almost like tracing paper, and hell to get off the wall! I just love all of this, so cool!

7 Likes

Oh. My. Goodness! Having volunteered in Colonial Williamsburg’s milliner’s shop for many years, this absolutely touches my heart! We worked in true 18th century style… in colonial garb, no lights, on stools, at counters, and sewing by hand. This is amazing!

7 Likes