THE WITCHER - Laser Cut Map

Hello Fellow Glowforgers!
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and New Year! Over the holiday I was working on the files for this map after flying through the show and game again. Made this map with :proofgrade: walnut ply, :proofgrade: clear acrylic, :proofgrade: draftboard, and :proofgrade: cherry vaneer.

!

If you haven’t watched the show yet, I cannot recommend it enough. Go check it out!

We have both the files and the finished product for sale on Etsy!
Finished piece
Laser Files

And, as always, we have a video showing how this was made!

Thank you all and lets craft the hell outta 2020!
Nicole Christianson
WhenGeeksCraft
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter

59 Likes

Beautiful work! Now if you could just make a new season materialize asap…

1 Like

…i wish.

1 Like

sweet!!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful project. I especially like the video.

2 Likes

Really well done! Thanks so much for the video, I’m a new fan!

1 Like

Thank you. Videos are harder than the project. its hard to take 48 hours of work and condense it to 4 minutes. I’m glad to hear you liked it!

1 Like

Thank you! and Welcome to our little community!!!

No reason to limit to 4 minutes. I wouldn’t mind seeing some of your design tricks in addition to the fabrication.

1 Like

Good to know. I get a lot of conflicting feed back. Non-makers want easy to digest “show me now how you did it” videos, while makes want to see the tips and tricks. I draw out all of my files on an ipad so i have an interesting process of how i get from a to b…mainly because i hate using a mouse to make a drawing lol

1 Like

Stunning detail, as always! (Love seeing the projects you two come up with.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thank you jules!

1 Like

Your projects always amaze!

I for one wouldn’t mind seeing your iPad tips video…

1 Like

I just finished making the map for Skyrim. I’m going to do a tutorial file making one on that since there is enough people that want to see it

3 Likes

One option is to make each one a series. Those of us who want more can get it, and those who just want an overview have that option. If you’ve already captured the video, might as well package it up and grab more eyeballs.

The map looks incredible. We’re watching, but I haven’t played the game and I’m finding the universe a bit tricky to sink my teeth into. So many people coming and going and there seems to be an ever-evolving string of magical abilities and locations! We’re maybe 5 episodes in. Perhaps I’ll have to hunt down a map.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. I think the biggest struggle is the time it takes to make a video. It’s usually around 3 full days. So making two for each one is just not realistic for our shop at this time. But a lot of our maps are made the same so it’s worth while explaining it all in the next one.

As far as the Witcher, the show is hard to follow until the last two ish episodes when they weave it all together. I recommend watching it twice to let it sink in. Maybe watch a play through of the game as well…something to have on in the background. It’s helps as well. The show is weaving together many timelines so that adds to the complexity and it’s REALLY hard to hear the names when they speak too fast

2 Likes

Gotcha. It doesn’t take me quite so long to make a video, so I wasn’t sure of your process. :slight_smile: Either way it is a lot of work, so I get it.

Thanks for the Witcher tips… My husband played/loved the game and was excited for the show, but he’s losing interest. I’ll tell him to push through!

1 Like

While i am very good at making things, videos are hard. Its something im trying to get better at. As far as the show is concerned…tell him to keep going. the last like two episodes seriously had me hooked. When all the timelines weave, its perfect.

1 Like

Oh, you’re good at videos. I just don’t often have the patience for projects that take me days to do. :slight_smile:

1 Like