Thermark

Just found this that I made several years ago…cheap cookie jar from Walmart, Thermark and laser.

14 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot darker than I expected.

Is it as easy as spraying it on, lasering where you want it to mark, and cleaning off the excess?

1 Like

There are different laser settings depending on the metal its used on but yes…spray it on, laser then wash off.

2 Likes

Here are the lists of laser settings for thermark
http://www.thermark.com/content/view/116/171/

4 Likes

How does it work? Spray on or brush on? How easy is it to clean off the extra at the end - and what to you use?

I use the spray on but the brush on works well if you can get an even coat and is a bit less expensive since you dont use as much… It washes off easily.

1 Like

Washes off - with water?

1 Like

Pretty much…you use wipes if you want

Thanks for the post. One of the better pictures using this stuff.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at thermark as well, but haven’t gotten much response from mailing/calling them for support one the project I was trying to use it for (anodized aluminum belt buckle). For some stainless steel experiments I was doing I did find that spray on dry moly lube works pretty well (like $10 a can from amazon vs. $70 for a smaller can of thermark spray).

6 Likes

The dark areas don’t look 100% black - is that a photo issue? The Thermark example above looks pure black.

What do you clean the leftover Dry Moly with? Is it easy to clean?

1 Like

Thanks for that cool example!
Quite a difference in $!

1 Like

I think the thermark is probably darker and easier to wash, but at least 10x the price :slight_smile: I cleaned the moly lube off with isopropyl alcohol. Both dry pretty quickly. The moly lube you can handle more easily after application without wiping it off by mistake.

3 Likes