I picked up some thin (.005 inch) 6" x 2 " wood pieces early last year with the intention to make some bookmarks for charity. I gave them a go this morning.
First, I made a jig 2 x 6 out of 1/10" cardboard into which to place the pre-cut pieces. Then, it was a trial and error process to get them engraved, scored and cut.
The first issue was that the GFUI would not let me specify a thickness less than 0.01". It was then trial and error to find out settings that would properly engrave, score and cut…not going all the way through for the first two, and cutting all the way through when I specified cut.
I finally got something halfway decent, but I still need to play around with the settings some more.
No masking was used.