Things MacGyver might like

I still think a spark gap signal might be observable with 27VDC on an AM receiver. May have to put that on a list to test.

Interesting true story - last month hubs was working on the roof and it gave way and he put his leg through, tearing a large chunk of flesh off to the bone on his calf.

The doctor at the ER put him on antibiotics, sewed it up (without cleaning it out carefully) and sent him home. Two days later he had a potential MRSA infection.

We killed it over the following week with this, some essential oils and a stronger antibiotic. Very scary.

Yikes! I hope he has recovered.

Chuckle…my mom sent me that one when I started using…(He died recently, of something totally unrelated.)

Oh yeah, he’s fine now. His whole leg was red streaks infection before we hit it with the homeopathic stuff.

Awesome!

WHEW staph is nasty stuff. my brother got MRSA on his leg from the river and it ate a hole big enough to stick the tip of your pinky in. Glad to hear hes clear of that mess. I hope he has a speedy recovery

which Essential oils?

Rethought that one…yes, it is a smurf juice maker…you get the Junior Explorer Badge too! :grinning:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Combination of oregano (which caused a nasty rash, but kills everything), and tea tree (melaleuca alternifolia) when that got to be too much.

1 Like

OK, good to know!
I have heard good things about Frankincense too. It has been known to destroy tumors even!

Most of them have a really good antibiotic effect, and most (including Frank) are a lot gentler than oregano…i was desperate.

If you ever try to use oregano - you have to dilute it really well. All essential oils, but especially oregano and wintergreen. (Undiluted wintergreen can kill you.)

I hope your brother has completely recovered as well…MRSA scares the living daylights out of me.

Many things, herbs included, shut down the main process, NF-kB, implicated as the process involved in the initiation, development, and spread of cancer. http://www.jivaresearch.org/research/curcumin/Nuclear_Factor-kB-_A_holy_grail_in_cancer_prevention_and_therapy.pdf

Gonna read that…it lists curcumin…i take turmeric and ginger honey in my morning tea.

(Need to get back to doing that…i’ve been lazy.)

Update: Okay maybe a translation is in order. Can we get a list of “That which is good to eat?” :smile:

2 Likes

Yes for sure, we generally use coconut oil as a quick and dirty carrier for direct skin applications of any of them.

1 Like

i like the fractionated coconut oil (keeps it liquid) and I use roller bottles generally.

One of the things I plan to use the glowforge for is to cut some little dividers for my collection of oil bottles.

1 Like

Yep, that’s on our list too!

Damn. I was going to go for, tiny electric fence.

3 Likes