Things MacGyver might like

ROFL! Very good! Or how about…pickpocket prevention device? :smile:

When i first came up with the design for it, I put the little batteries into the tin without lining it with non-conductive tape first. Came back in about five minutes and grabbed it to put it in my pocket, and gave myself a second degree burn.

I am seriously hoping the glowforge is idiot-proof. :confounded:

3 Likes

was gonna say colloidal silver…got here too late…

1 Like

Webelo Badge? :neutral_face:

1 Like

? Sorry, not familiar with that…will look it up…

Aaahh, Boy Scout Badge…no, I sadly was never a Scout, but I think I would have been great at it. I love the Outdoors, and am into all kinds of survival / self reliance.

If it wasn’t for the “Naked” part, I’d love to be on Naked & Afraid!! I’m outgoing, but not THAT 'out’going… Anyway, 100 Internets to anyone who can think of what I’d bring as my item in most of the locations they go to, that no one on the show has brought yet…

3 Likes

Useless info. Mcgver was produced by Henry Winkler!

3 Likes

Well, come on guys - i know some of you have tried making the little kits where you put everything you need to survive for a week into an Altoids tin…let’s see a few!

(I actually didn’t make it down to one tin - but you ought to see my lunch box kit. I could hold off the zombie horde during stone henge apocalypse.)

Want to see some others first though…i refuse to be the only cuckoo in the nest. :space_invader:

Wilderness Survival Guide?

1 Like

Well, I haven’t made anything for survival, but my dustpan broke the other day, so I sliced a sheet of cardboard, and screwed some 2x4s and plywood together and built one myself. I’ll take a picture when I go by “the jobsite” tomorrow. yes, I am an unabashed cuckoo

2 Likes

:grin:

Nope, but a good guess.

Btw, any of you read Cody Lundin’s books? They are some of the best survival ones out there…

http://www.amazon.com/98-6-Degrees-Keeping-Your-Alive/dp/1586852345/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1461790630&sr=1-1&keywords=cody+lundin

http://www.amazon.com/When-All-Hell-Breaks-Loose/dp/142360105X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BGCERVXCA59SRH6N630

2 Likes

I have never made it down to one tin either. The closest I’ve gotten to that is the minikit that goes into my hydration pack for day hikes and dirtbiking. And now looking around, I’m realizing that I don’t have any photos of any of the kits that I have, nor have I gone through any of them for quite a while. Time for a checkup.
I did find a photo of the “kit” that lives in and under the backseat of my jeep, from about a year ago when I did a thorough cleaning.

3 Likes

Where’s the G20?? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Well it sure isn’t under the back seat…:skull:

1 Like

Awesome kit! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(Some descriptions of specialty items are in order - although I’m glad to see a lot of stuff I recognize. Is that one of the Adventure Medical kits?)

1 Like

Nope, but they look good! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Excellent…I wonder if altogether amongst the members here, we have at least 87 of them? That, 9 vs 45, and beans or no beans is all that is really left to ponder…

1 Like

@Jules no Adventure Medical in there, but I did use one of those for my day-kit.
Top row there are gloves, jumper cables, more gloves, tow straps and a shackle, trash bags, us+canada road atlas.
Next row is a block of wood (jack-extender/base) insulated blanket, chemical potty-sacks, steel-tin full of first-aid supplies including iodine drops and pills, TP, towel, reflective sunscreens.
Next row is oil, brake fluid, u-joints bandanas, that orange REI stuff-sack has a little fold-out solid-fuel stove, heavy aluminum foil, rainfly tarp, bunch of mylar emergency blankets, paracord. Next to that is a heavy canvas bag, pack towel, water bottles.
The toolbag has most of what I might need to fix the jeep on the trail (wrenches, sockets, deadblow, rags, voltmeter, fuses, pliers, drivers, bits, a heavy-gauge wire long enough to go from the battery to the starter) rolled up in bucketboss tool-rolls plus the winch controller and pulley-block. Then there is some 550 paracord, binoculars, waterproof headlamp, folding saw, Maglight, KaBar Becker TacTool, the ziplock bag has flares and tea-light candles. There is some medium rope, steel rings, dog leash, plastic pet-bowl, and waterless pet shampoo. On the right side there is a wifi OBD scanner, sharpie, earplugs, LED flashlight, mini folder knife, lighter, whistle/glass-striker, solar flashlight, sunscreen, aloe, folding fabric travel water-dish.

@nunzioc it would be a capable group for sure… but how would we ever generate enough power for all those Glowforges?!

4 Likes

Excellent car emergency kit! :smiley:

I’m gonna take a couple of shots of my carry kit (the car kits are waaay too chaotic), but it will need to wait till tomorrow 'cause husbands must first be fed…

1 Like

Some pics of mine…most things are wrapped up an a bit hard to see…I’ve neglected a very important item: an inventory of everything…I will need to get on that. Paper disintegrates, so maybe GF the list onto a coated aluminum card in a few months!

Are these pics showing up for you guys? I am only seeing a black X here…weird

6 Likes

Yes, they show.

1 Like