Things That Rhyme with Marble

Wow. Marble engraves better than I’d expect!

2 Likes

Wow! engraving in marble is a surprise! Is the enamel something you just painted on? Do you think it will chip?

I’m continually surprised at how well stone things can be engraved

2 Likes

Marble sands nicely, I was able to paint without a mask and simply sand the excess away. Made a nice clean fill.

3 Likes

This is awesome! The list of things to engrave just keeps getting better!

2 Likes

You might want to read this thread…

5 Likes

Oh! wow. Good to know. Thanks for the share.

1 Like

Uncertain… I’ll have to abuse my tester and see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Love the gold with the marble.

I’ve only played with some Carrera (Carrara?) tile samples that were water jet cut rounds and other shapes–never used for a flooring/backsplash, but glad I kept as fun for using in the GF for paper weights and plant markers.

But the time I tried painting in the etching, even with masking, the paint I tried bled into the porous stone… I didn’t think about ways to prevent that then, but as I’m typing now I have ideas–different type of paint, clear sealer first, then the color–or glitter in clear enamel!

Looks great–just be sure to put some food-grade sealer over top of the paint–just in case…

1 Like

It ALSO rhymes with “Marble”… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

My trip to Lowe’s resulted in the can of gold paint I needed, plus 2 white ceramic tiles to experiment with, and a beautiful piece of stone, not sure what kind. I don’t know what I will make with it yet. Dreaming big.

2 Likes

Mines not engraving!!! I’m setting it at full power 225 lines and 3 passes and it’s not even scrating the board…please help

What speed are you using?

I tired full speed and someone suggested 600 but still nothing

How thick is your material? Did you use the set focus or assign a material height?

What’s settings do I use??

How thick is that?

The settings I have seen suggested are full speed (1000) full power 270 lpi, but you have to be in focus range.

It’s 1/2” thick