Things That Rhyme with Marble

Garble. Warble. Arm full?

Okay… I’m done…

First time with marble! Love it!! Personalized cheese board with gold metallic enamel in the engrave. :cheese::wine_glass::upside_down_face: I may go a little deeper with my next one, but still think it turned out great.

46 Likes

Barbell?
Marvel?

2 Likes

That’s cool! I need to try that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gargle

1 Like

Warble. Isn’t that a bird call?

And I may just get some marble tomorrow to give this a go.

2 Likes

Sweeet… just be sure to mask it first if you want to paint the engrave.

Up to you. But I started with Speed 545, Power 70, LPI 270. Set your own focus height. YMMV. So, test and play. Depending on where you live, you can get the marble tile for as little as $1.50 a piece for your play.

6 Likes

Wow. Marble engraves better than I’d expect!

2 Likes

Wow! engraving in marble is a surprise! Is the enamel something you just painted on? Do you think it will chip?

I’m continually surprised at how well stone things can be engraved

2 Likes

Marble sands nicely, I was able to paint without a mask and simply sand the excess away. Made a nice clean fill.

3 Likes

This is awesome! The list of things to engrave just keeps getting better!

2 Likes

You might want to read this thread…

5 Likes

Oh! wow. Good to know. Thanks for the share.

1 Like

Uncertain… I’ll have to abuse my tester and see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Love the gold with the marble.

I’ve only played with some Carrera (Carrara?) tile samples that were water jet cut rounds and other shapes–never used for a flooring/backsplash, but glad I kept as fun for using in the GF for paper weights and plant markers.

But the time I tried painting in the etching, even with masking, the paint I tried bled into the porous stone… I didn’t think about ways to prevent that then, but as I’m typing now I have ideas–different type of paint, clear sealer first, then the color–or glitter in clear enamel!

Looks great–just be sure to put some food-grade sealer over top of the paint–just in case…

1 Like

It ALSO rhymes with “Marble”… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

My trip to Lowe’s resulted in the can of gold paint I needed, plus 2 white ceramic tiles to experiment with, and a beautiful piece of stone, not sure what kind. I don’t know what I will make with it yet. Dreaming big.

2 Likes

Mines not engraving!!! I’m setting it at full power 225 lines and 3 passes and it’s not even scrating the board…please help

What speed are you using?

I tired full speed and someone suggested 600 but still nothing