Think I'm gonna need a bigger laser 😜

20 Likes

Well this kicks way more butt than my idea of raised beds. I wonder if you have to spin the orb to get light to all the plants? Little solar powered motor in the base maybe?

4 Likes

Well, they include the CNC and DXF files for making one on Github :link:… so there’s no reason you couldn’t make a smaller desktop-sized one for your office, or for growing something like herbs…:thumbsup:

11 Likes

Good catch! Thanks for the extra link

4 Likes

Crosslinking here to get the other topic with this idea and some good comments.

https://www.space10.io/journal/space10-open-sources-the-growroom

Definitely could do some culinary herbs here.

9 Likes

I was JUST going to do that, TY.

Oops, looks like you linked to the article (better than me, I almost posted it in the other thread, derp). Here’s the thread…

4 Likes

more shelves i see

Funny, I was just thinking of that article, amazing how fast it found its way to Ikea.

2 Likes

C-E has a tendency to always take good stories and butcher them with poor reporting.
Space10 designed the Growroom. Space10 is supported by Ikea.
Good on Ikea for supporting independant designers, but Ikea did not design the Growroom.
If they had, it would be called the Sfär or something.

from space10.io:
SPACE10 is proudly supported by Inter IKEA Systems B.V., who is the owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor. SPACE10 serves as an external innovation hub for IKEA to get inspired, gain fresh perspectives, and discover new talents and ideas to invest in and bring forward.

6 Likes