This must be a scam

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, bu I thought I had to alarm people, because this must be a scam.

@dan

https://www.popularable.com/?route=product/product&product_id=159

Maybe someone from the admin should have a look at it.

5 Likes

This is a scam. It’s a Chinese Company

1 Like

But it’s only $10 shipping. :thinking: Filled out a fake info order up to the point of entering a Credit Card number. No security at all on the payment. So yeah it’s obvious. Makes me want to avoid all international orders.

If they had charged say $1800 there would have been a bunch of folks foolish enough to be scammed. Still, there have been plenty of other items ordered from this company and never received.

Fraud: “Quiet Lavender” which is located at www.quietlavender.com, is an untrustworthy online store. Online users are advised to stay away from the untrustworthy online store because those who shopped from it run the risk of receiving counterfeit goods or nothing at all. They also run the risk of their credit card information being used stolen and used fraudulently."

6 Likes

@dan @Rita

1 Like

Of course, I couldn’t resist going to look at this. I could not look away.

Last photo of the group of folks sitting on a couch…that “Glowforge” exhaust hose sure has a long run…hahaha!!:smile:

I think that’s actually from one of Glowforge’s promo videos, I swear I’ve seen that lamp before…Yup! Found it. It’s at the 2 minute mark:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out!

the customer conduct section is what got me

Unacceptable behavior directed towards Customer Service staff , for example, include any of the following:
Aggressive, abusive and threatening behavior. Examples include: any and all direct or implied threats on any communication channel; intimidating language; personal and verbal abuse; sexist, racist, homophobic, or derogatory remarks; rudeness; inflammatory statements; swearing; and unsubstantiated allegations.

Persistently making habitually demanding or vexatious complaints, despite the matter having been fully addressed; similarly, repeating complaints persisting despite reasonable and fair solutions being offered in accordance with our policies.

Asking, expecting or demanding staff to breach established company policy guidelines, e.g. refund amount, time lines, special compensation, etc.; similarly, seeking an unrealistic outcome beyond the scope of our own policies and procedures.

Repeatedly changing the nature (or focus) of a complaint or the desired outcome, part way, after a formal response has been provided.

Excessive number of complaints compared to the total purchase value history.

For such behavior, complainants may be advised and formally notified of the following:

Their language is considered offensive, abusive, threatening, and wholly unacceptable.

They must refrain from using such language, intimidation, and threats.

There will be no further exchange of correspondence on the matter if they persist with this behavior.

Quiet Lavender reserves the right to no longer accept orders from the customer in the future without further notice.

2 Likes

There have been a bunch of obviously fraudulent sponsored ads on Facebook lately. The other day I say a $5000 sauna for $89.90 with free shipping.

2 Likes

Probably the Russians!

They had a great lawyer.
Even gave them an escape clause.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.