This Year's Honey Contest Awards

Nice job.

In my mind the yellow ribbon in a honey contest should go to first place. :thinking::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

5 Likes

Where can I buy the winner’s honey? :wink:

always looking for a good new varietal…

4 Likes

Sweet.

3 Likes

Well, they’re backyard beekeepers who don’t sell. I like to think of them as honey hoarders. How dare they not share with me! I lasered an award for them and everything.

Bee fact: A single honey bee produces about 7 drops of honey (drops to a human) in its lifetime. I wonder how many bees it takes to make a pint of honey. :thinking:

Correction: I regularly beekeep with the guy on the end. He gives me honey, so he’s my favorite person in the picture.

10 Likes

Nice detail on the medals!

2 Likes

I see what you did there :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice job!!

2 Likes

I used to keep Buckfast bees (a hybrid originating in the Buckfast Abbey in England). Rule of thumb was there were 60,000 of them in a hive (I had 2 hives) before winter set in and I stole their honey :slight_smile: I can’t imagine hoarding it - we could never go through even a year’s production from those hives. We’d give it away to everyone we knew well enough to give a present to :smile:

4 Likes

That’s fantastic!

Right now, my bees are quarantined in the country to be re-queened. They got a little too feisty for the area and needed to be calmed.

3 Likes

We had a pool and the bees would always be grabbing a drink. My kids didn’t even notice. Friends would come over and get spooked. But I picked the Buckfast because they’re very non-aggressive so there wasn’t any real problem. It did provide a good opportunity to teach them about bees & show them the hives and counteract all the freaking out people do when encountering bees.

We just checked with parents to make sure no one was allergic & as an EMT I had EpiPens just in case. Never had a kid get stung though.

4 Likes

How nice - I’ll bet they were thrilled with the win AND the unique cool medal!

2 Likes

Wow, these are…sweet :sunglasses:

1 Like

Perfect awards for beekeeping aficionados! :grinning:

2 Likes

SO much better than the standard award ribbons! No wonder they look so happy.

2 Likes

People will be buzzing about the awards for a long time.

6 Likes

Amazing! do you mind telling us how you did it?
did you cut but not all the way? I would really like to do that!

1 Like

It’s just simple engraving. You may want to start with the matrix here.

2 Likes

@caribis2 is correct. I simply created an image and used Proofgrade and GF settings. :slightly_smiling_face:

Those look great. I like how the honeycomb pattern came out!

3 Likes

The awards are nicely detailed … and I’m sure they loved them almost as much as winning. Very nice!

1 Like