Time Killers

iphone/watch: rune blade
PS4: no man’s sky/destiny

2 Likes

When I was in college, it was pandemic 2 because I had to kill Madagascar. My roommate and I may or may not have pulled more allnighters playing that game than writing papers or studying.

Thereve been a few app games that I’ve gone through phases playing - temple run, crossy road, those kinds of things. Because I have younger nephews who were really into them and there’s nothing like beating a nine year old to really make you feel good about your life choices.

I’m pretty fond of the sushi cat games and sugar, sugar when I want to play something relaxing and mindless.

But mostly shopping for real estate has replaced games. My brother and I are pretty competitive about finding the best, most amazing house for my sister to buy. Lol. One of us will find a house and then the other one points out all of its flaws and why it’s a terrible investment.

I’m only, like, 40% sure she wants to buy a new house. But I’m going to make sure it’s one I find.

8 Likes

If I need to relax I play any version of the delicious series by GameHouse. I’m kinda hooked on their games. If I need to wait/ kill time I play rummy, solitaire, sudoku, mahjong, …

4 Likes

The same company behind harvest moon and rune factory series was behind Lufia series also. Lufia 2 is my most favorite RPG of all time. It was highly innovative for it’s platform.

2 Likes

Yes! I loved Lufia as well! I really hope they come out with Rune Factory 5!
Have you tried Lord Of Magna: Maiden Heaven? Marvelous AQL to produced it but they hired the the team that made Rune to make it.

1 Like

All of those franchises died with Neverland/Natsume with the bankruptcy. I do have maiden heaven, but only played it a few hours.

The team is split, but while they can make a decent game hired by another developer, the original innovations put forth with Lufia and rune factory and harvest moon, can’t be replicated.

3 Likes

So sad… sob in the corner…

2 Likes

Other than reading the forum and researching and designing new concepts and projects for the GF? Hehe… j/k :wink:

I have Abyssarium and Rolling Sky on my phone, or I work on music in Ableton whenever I can. :smile:

1 Like

When I want to kill a couple hours, that is exactly what I do. Go :glowforge: - Rich

3 Likes

Like I didn’t have enough on my plate – was introduced to Firewatch and Fez over the long weekend and am now seriously sleep-deprived. :sleepy:

3 Likes

Firewatch was really pretty, but it ended way too soon.

2 Likes

That’s how I felt about the first part of The Fall, which I just finished.

I haven’t played firewatch yet, but I hear nothing but good things. I never owned a PS3 but got a PS4 and so now I’m slowly working my way through the remastered Uncharted (for those unfamiliar, it’s basically Larry Croft) games. Currently on the second one.

1 Like

Super Mario Run drops today (in approximately 18 minutes supposedly) on iOs!

Edit: Downloading now!

5 Likes