Tiny bits of tape stuck once printing is completed

Once you have finished printing. Sometimes with tiny pieces of glue stuck here and there. They are hard and time consuming to remove. I have found an easy way to remove them. Simply take the paper adhesive remover block and rub it over the printed piece. All tape will get stick to the block. Job completed and no damage to the piece!!!

21 Likes

I use those blocks a lot on paper projects but haven’t tried them for removal of masking. Thanks for the tip!

11 Likes

Welcome to the community! I haven’t seen those before (maybe because I haven’t looked!), so thank you for the great tip!

9 Likes

Yay, another way to try.

7 Likes

Interesting alternative to Gorilla Tape…

8 Likes

Nice, and at $7 for a pack of them, not terribly expensive either :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You are very welcome! I love that it does not damage the surface!

3 Likes

Your so welcome. What I live mist us no damage to the surface of the piece!!!

3 Likes

The Gorilla tape damages the surface of the wood and the adhesive remover block does zero damage to the surface of the piece!!!

2 Likes

Use the adhesive remover for paper crafts found on Amazon. What I love most is no damage to the surface of the piece!!!

3 Likes

Not in all cases - I’ve been using it for the the past five years to remove pre-applied masking from Proofgrade as well as non-PG woods and acrylics masked with various materials. The only time I’ve had issues is with balsa. That being said, I’m delighted you’ve found a solution that works for you - that’s all that’s important. :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve had masking pull up wood fibers on Baltic birch and maple and walnut hardwoods.

I tend to pull my masking off at a very low angle to try to prevent that. This eraser idea is interesting.

4 Likes

To clarify, I use Gorilla tape to remove the masking from materials, not as masking. What are you using to mask the BB & HWs?

5 Likes

Typical medium tack masking. Depends on the piece of wood, sometimes the fibers are just easy to pull I guess.

2 Likes