Tiny furniture for a doll house

Fresh off the bed, before painting.

44 Likes

Oh how sweet! :grinning:

1 Like

i know, right? :slight_smile: not the best design though, i just broke one of the chair top tips where the hated finger joint is too close to the rim.

e: letter

1 Like

Bummer! (Wood glue is your friend!) :wink:

59 seconds to burn a new one, and i have so much scrap. also, yes. have to glue them, first thing that happened to these is getting dropped en mass on the floor.

2 Likes

I have seen a few doll houses and have an in-law hinting about one.

So just curious. Do toy dolls come in a specific size or do you just make it whatever and leave the rest up to imagination?

I get that the furniture has to look like it belongs in the room, so sized to that, but what is the actual sizing.

Long way from doll houses. For all I know there are no dolls and the children just make the imaginary family in there, or walk their fingers around.

disclaimer: I would ask the wife, but that would make her think it was in the process of being made and I may want an out.

1 Like

I believe I started with a 150mm long bed and went on from there, using that as the guide.

There are a number of standard sizes, but I think 1:12 scale (as in 1’=1") is probably most common if you are making furniture and such, since going smaller makes that kind of detail difficult, and is usually for exterior models.

4 Likes

Very cute set! What style would you call it? I’m thinking a bit of Duncan Phyfe with a modern twist.

2 Likes

Awesome! I am working on a miniature sewing machine and table and chair for the wife.

1 Like

Wow…my girlfriend always dreamt of a dollhouse…she’ll love your set!

1 Like

The chair backs probably only needed a single finger joint.

You’re right, I’ll modify the design if I need to make more of these.

I’d say it’s a mishmash of stuff. I have a thing to for circles, I suppose.

Love these!

I make things for my Barbie dolls, I’m an adult collector. The scale we use is 1:6. I’m busily prototyping and experimenting with my Glowforge and look forward to sharing my little treasures soon!

1 Like