Tiny Furniture

A friend is putting together an antique dollhouse for a book he’s going to write. It’s in 1:16 scale, which is quite small. The furniture is Schneegas, which is a delightfully simplistic style, and easy for me to do on the GF for things he can’t find affordable antiques for. So far I’ve done a hutch, a vanity, a fire grate, some fencing, a book case, and then because I’m crazy… a functional spinning wheel and lazy kate full of bobbins. They aren’t the replica furniture that I’ve seen people here do, but they’re what was asked for, and SO TINY AND FUN to make.

If you want to read about the whole process of them, you can read here

34 Likes

Really awesome! I love little furniture!

4 Likes

Very nice work. That’s getting down toward the tweezers and magnifier scale

3 Likes

I was really testing the limits of the machine and the wood on a few pieces! That orifice hole on the wheel is definitely about as small as you can do and still have structural integrity!

I am building a wooden ship model and you do get down to thousandths of an inch in wood.

1 Like

The precision of the GF was a godsend for trying to do something this small and still do some nice finials and things without them snapping off during positioning for book photoshoots (and my fat fingered construction)!

NIce work! Love the dog and fox!

2 Likes

Ohhhhh … love the spinning wheel! What fun!

2 Likes

These are wonderful!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. It provided my Monday morning smile.

1 Like

That is Foxe and Boxe, a lovely English couple from the early 1900’s

1 Like

It is harder the smaller the pieces get.

1 Like

It amazing my daughter will love it

1 Like

Ahh, miniatures. Never go out of style. #necrogame

1 Like