Tiny Rocking Chair :)

I have always loved miniatures and furniture and models (daughter and sister of architects), and finally dived in-- I drew and replicated my favorite rocking chair… Pretty pleased with the results of this first attempt! This one is from proof grade cherry.

52 Likes

Nice replica!

4 Likes

Looks just like the original. Great job. :blush:

5 Likes

Looks Great!

6 Likes

What a sweet little chair!

5 Likes

Super cute design!

6 Likes

Turned out beautifully!

6 Likes

Absolutely wonderful

4 Likes

Wow! For a first attempt this is beyond terrific.

4 Likes

Oooooooohhhhhh! So adorable. Love, love, love miniatures! Very well done!

4 Likes

incredible work! Nice job!

2 Likes

Gosh, it’s adorable! You had me at ‘tiny.’

4 Likes

Thanks, all! Anything tiny is also irresistible to me…

One technical note/lesson learned. The position of the rocker was good when I first assembled it, where there was no material yet in the upholstered back and seat. To do the upholstery, I cut insert pieces from dartboard for seat and back, just a wee bit smaller than the interior of the hole it fit in-- so there would be space for the material I used to go through. The fabric was from samples my neighbor gave me when buying furniture-- so it was relatively thick, like real couch fabric would be. Once I added these in the resting posting was tipped back a bit more than I liked (still upright enough, though)-- so the additional weight made a difference. I taped a 50 pence piece ending the seat to adjust and it was back to good. For a second iteration, I think I’ll use basswood for the back, and draft board for the bottom-- and potential where I put a few layers of felt in the seat I might add a coin right in there for a tiny bit more weight if needed. I know I could change the design further, but I like where it ended up after hours of tweaking!

2 Likes

Good job. I made one in ¼" scale (1:48) 1/16" thick basswood and 1/32 birch plywood. 40 count silk needlepoint canvas for the caning.

11 Likes

Awesome!

Precious!!!

nice

Outstanding! Was never a doll house or miniature train person until I joined this forum. Now I love seeing all these miniatures.