Tiny Spiral Stairs

Pointless but fun, 2mm thick paper and a toothpick. For thicker stock, scale up accordingly. Was actually going to cast it in plaster, but I had run out of EVA foam… more on that in the next post.

Larger

41 Likes

It’s there - it’s just tiny

Go into your editing and change the size by adding a few zeroes

![image|10x15] to something like ![image|200x300]

1 Like

That is adorable.

1 Like

Hilarious, that’s exactly the file that I send to the Glowforge! Anyway, I was able to upload a different version, I think…

1 Like

For whatever reason Discourse (the program behind this forum) always uploads .svgs at 10x15 pixels, no matter the size of the original. It also scrapes out any embedded rasters in case you try to do that in the future!

This is soooo cute! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, very cute!

1 Like

I’m curious about the 2mm paper. Got a source link? Sounds interesting.

In Sweden, yes, anywhere else… no :no_mouth:. https://www.alloffice.se/sortiment/kontorsmaterial/butiksmaterial/skyltkartong/kartongark-excellent-2mm-vit-70x100-cm-1100g-62553

But chipboard or something made for making signs or posters? Hobby stores or office stores might have something.

Awesome for prototyping, cuts fast, clean and cheap. I try to keep 1mm, 2mm and 3mm around.

4 Likes

Actually as many here make miniature stuff for doll houses, it could be a very nice addition!

1 Like

Canson Plein Air Artboard is 1.5mm and cuts like a dream.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems to be called ‘artboard’ by the ladies at Blicks, and it’s super expensive “paper”!!

In the US, Hobby Lobby has a huge section of “paper-like” materials but nothing that gets up above 1mm or so unless you go over to the framing section.

I’ve been into craft and artist supply stores in the UK and it’s odd how different countries carry different materials. Market-driven, I’m sure.

How about chipboard? https://www.amazon.com/Chipboard-White-Scrapbooking-Stamping/s?rh=n%3A3298703011%2Cp_n_size_browse-vebin%3A2637798011

Anyway, prices in Sweden seem to come out to $10/m2 .

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

Yes, I use a fair amount of that. Color options are limited, however.

I like the old Ford adege, “Any color you like, as long as it’s black”

1 Like