Tiny Windmill from the Catalog

To commemorate my recent trip to the Netherlands, I made the Tiny Windmill ornament from the catalog. It’s adorable

Because I’m a bit much, I made it out of green glass acrylic :slight_smile: I can’t wait to see it backlit on the Yule tree!

The tabs have teeth which works brilliantly on wood, but less so on acrylic - so I heated it with my tiny blowtorch in order to get it together, but now that it’s together it’s solid!

So many of Ivan’s designs are really complicated and/or large and can be intimidating. I feel like this is the perfect introduction piece to his stuff. It’s only 2 1/2" tall and yet the windmill actually turns!

42 Likes

So cute!!

14 Likes

The green glass acrylic looks great. :blush:

18 Likes

Looks great

15 Likes

That’s so sweet! And, yes…a perfect memento of your trip. Looks great in GG.

17 Likes

That’s a beautiful memento–and thanks for the tip on heating tabs for acrylic.

17 Likes

It is incredibly adorable!!!

14 Likes

Love it!

11 Likes

Very nice!

10 Likes

What a fun way to remember your trip! As if you could forget it. :rofl: It looks great in the acrylic, and thanks for the tip on heating it. I’ve grabbed it from the catalog but haven’t made it yet.

9 Likes

Be careful when you do because the heat spreads so it’s really easy to burn your fingers!

11 Likes

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up!

6 Likes

I must have missed that one. It is really cute! And, yes, everything looks better in green glass acrylic.

7 Likes

Do you get much odor when heating acrylic ?

3 Likes

I imagine if you were heating a whole bunch you’d smell it - but at the amounts I can do with my lighter, none at all. I have a torch lighter like this to make it easy to both aim the flame, and keep it going!

4 Likes