Tissue box Jr

Ohhh, shoji paper, that is such a good idea! I actually need another one but didn’t want to use all my proofgrade, that is a great solution!

4 Likes

Great design!

2 Likes

very cool! but I can not take credit for the inspiration, as I got it from amandarogers808, but I really like your design, and the kleenex box idea is great too.

-t

2 Likes

I love this tissue box! It makes the tissue box in my office look so sophisticated! Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

So glad to hear it!

2 Likes

So, this box was apparently designed to fit Kleenex brand boxes. I just wanted everyone to know that. I made another one for my office and found out that Puffs small boxes are about 1/4 inch larger than Kleenex boxes, so it didn’t fit. Luckily I had a Kleenex box that did fit, so all is well, but now I feel bad if anyone made this and their tissue box didn’t fit. If so, that is why, and so sorry! :frowning:

7 Likes

It’s ok. Hopefully people are smart enough to measure the puffs box first. You said it fit Kleenex, and it does. This is part of generisizing, wherein a name brand product’s name becomes commonplace and used to refer to all things like it.

4 Likes

So its a double layer box?

Yes

Anyone use 3/8 inch to make these boxes? Was thinking of turning them into small flower boxes just with thicker wood.

1 Like

It is probably easier to go to boxes.py and make your box with 3/8" material.

2 Likes

Make sure you can cut the 3/8" material you plan to use on your Glowforge. I tend to stick with 1/4" or less because it can get hard to cut through.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I love it so much!

3 Likes

Love it! Thanks for sharing your result, it looks great!

1 Like