Today's Project: A walnut veneer card wallet

At first it didn’t want to stay closed, but after having it in my pocket for a day, it’s almost there. Not completely closed, but doesn’t spring open by itself.

2 Likes

My wallet springs open by itself for tools and books.

16 Likes

I imagine it’s not the kind of wallet, you put in your back pocket and sit on eh?

That’s what I plan on doing!

Its holding up well so far. After putting a handful of cards inside, the additional thickness provides support for the hinge. In addition, if it were to crack, the leather provides enough support that it’s barely noticeable. I intentionally cracked some test pieces and they held together nicely with only a hairline crack visible.

Once I’ve tested this one for a week or so, I’ll post some results!

6 Likes

Oh wow. I’m curious about its long term durability!! Sounds promising!! :slight_smile:

Yes, thanks for keeping us updated. I can’t wait till the next one.

beautiful!!! i would love to know how to make that. !

Nice work Nick! My first project will be a wallet, hoping for more cool things from you and the Glowforge team!

WOW! Make me one please!

1 Like

I know that this has been a relatively old thread but I wanted to ask you how well it held up over time? did you need to print any new wallets or fix repairs? I assume some repairs would be necessary but to what extent?

1 Like

I’m curious as well. I’m getting ready to try out veneer for the first time. I also haven’t even tried leather yet…but will…

1 Like

This gentleman has not posted in several years and at one time he was a GF employee. He has a website that has beautiful leather items.