Token trays

Looks great! Love the magnetic lids.

9 Likes

I love the look when you remove the lid. The contrast and shape gives so much interest.

9 Likes

So cool that you used scoring to simulate engraving! It does make the images pop. Thanks for the explanation; it makes me so glad that community members share their ‘how to’ with us.

10 Likes

Kind of reminds me of how comic books were drawn except they usually were cross hatched.

5 Likes

Looks great. I’ve been wanting to make some dice holder designs lately too

4 Likes

That’s in the works too! Basically the same design, but with layered compartments.
This was a gift for a frind who likes crows and TTRPGs.

19 Likes

Appealing design and execution, nice!

6 Likes

Nice work and enjoyed your explanation of how you got there!

7 Likes

These look amazing! Great work!

4 Likes

Will you be posting to the catalog?

1 Like

You might be interested in my post from 2017:

6 Likes

Take a look at headliner material, it makes dice boxes feel really finished.

In practice:

5 Likes

Check out his website. The files are for sale.

2 Likes

Good call, thanks!

1 Like

This set is in my Etsy shop, where I’m trying to build up a better selection of files, but I’ve got a few ideas percolating in may head that may go to the catalog later.

4 Likes

Nice! Love the faux engrave. That adds a nice style and contrast. Lots you could do there.

3 Likes

You know that the LPI of an engraving goes down to 10? It is all straight lines and so not as many possibilities as parallel lines scored but very much easier than scoring actual lines. 10, 35, and 75 will leave spaces between the lines and move at least as fast as scoring actual lines.

6 Likes

I love the design. Being able to engrave things on the side panel really makes it stand out. kudos!

4 Likes

Yep, and I definitely could have gone that route here, but some of the designs I’ve been experimenting with are scored with concentric rings or crosshatching or wavy lines. I also like to have control over where the lines intersect so I don’t accidentally wind up with a line that’s even with a straight line in the image (like the feet of the meeple).

4 Likes

Awesome. Love the magnets.

5 Likes