Toledo Bend resin poured map

I traced the map by hand using a tablet. I need to try some of the tutorials for simpler methods that are mentioned in the forum as I have request for other lakes.

33 Likes

That looks really nice for being hand traced. Good job!

4 Likes

You did a really nice job!

3 Likes

Very nice result. Your tracing must have been excellent.

4 Likes

This is amazing. Very nice! Which brand of resin do you prefer?

3 Likes

very nice

3 Likes

We bought it several years ago for a bathroom remodel countertop. It was from Amazon and had pretty good reviews. Amazon.com
It didn’t cure 100% on the countertop, It is hard to touch but if you put any items on the counter it will leave a mark on the counter. Remove the item and it self heals, weird. The resin works well for the signs.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Really beautiful! So, how did you not get resin all over everything? Asking for a friend who is a klutz. :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Me and my husband poured the resin together. The 1st time was very messy with a lot of resin to wipe up. On this one, he poured the resin down the middle and I used a bamboo skewer to push it into the smaller areas. We also bought resin pouring cups from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L7PP8F9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

4 Likes

I like that. I once found a site that sold all kinds of .sags etc of geographic sites, and one of them was rivers. But I can’t find it again for the life of me. Yours looks great!

How long does it take to heal?

2 Likes

I think about 24 hours. The pour is really thin.

1 Like

i meant self heal, not cure. sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Oh, you are talking about my bathroom countertop, a day or so.

Nice trace job … and the resin looks beautiful.

1 Like