Tomorrow is my estimated golden email date

the rainbow vacuum is a wonderful, yet very expensive gadget. My folks have one but they are one state away.

Let me figure out a way to draw what I would do so that it is easily understood. I have a great imagination/creative side. sometimes I just can’t get the output to make sense. :slight_smile:

the problem might be that it is just noisy. However I am reasonably certain that it will contain everything.

2 Likes

My comment gets flagged for being inappropriate but this one remains and gets a “like”.

I should not have made the cheerleader comment to @Tom_A. He pointed that out. And then followed it up with a snarky comment of his own. Nevertheless I apologize to Tom and the community for my comment.

Things have really changed around here. I’ve been on this forum a long time and I remember when we were all in it (the waiting period) together. Then we weren’t all in it together anymore. Those that had a GF (whether PRU or forever machine) became less tolerant of the frustrations/concerns/anxieties of those that did not. And it changed the forum.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Now that’s funny! Snarky, but funny! :grinning:

2 Likes

They make a Y connector for a dryer vent. I am considering this as an alternative to venting out a window. I may not have enough room in my laundry room but if I can, this is the route I’ll go because I’d rather not have an ugly window vent. Sorry if this was already covered/ruled out.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-ACY444-Connector-4-Inch/dp/B004166RMO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512086563&sr=8-2&keywords=dryer+vent+y+adapter

1 Like

Thank you, I checked out the link. My washer/dryer area is more of a nook. In order to use that vent for the GF, I would have to remove both the washer and the dryer. Which still wouldn’t work because the dryer vent on the outside of the house is only about 2 feet away from the a/c unit. So the exhaust from the laser cutter would be sucked back into the a/c unit and recirculated through the house in the summertime.

2 Likes

You also wouldn’t want the material from the laser venting flowing back into the dryer, or vice-versa.

2 Likes

That (condenser) doesn’t suck air in and distribute it through the house.

5 Likes

Actually, if you have central air, the external AC unit just cools the refrigerant that is piped into your central air system. The system pulls warm air from inside the house (using the returns), cools it via the refrigerant, and then pumps the cool air back through the house. The outdoor condenser doesn’t pull any air into the house.

You still may be ok, of course that clearly doesn’t solve the space issue (my laundry room is also a tiny area with no room for anything else, barely even the laundry machines, so I feel your pain).

5 Likes

Thank you @jbmanning5 and @roger.soucy that’s good to know! Clearly I don’t know enough about how these types of things work to be designing my own laser cutter venting system. :roll_eyes: Probably best if I wait for the air filter.

1 Like

I have been thinking unto the problem as my hero Isaac Newton used to do when solving the amazing problems he routinely solved.

I will draw out a diagram tomorrow at work snap a pic and up load it.

using the rainbow machine.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have a similar situation. I have front loading dryer and thought about just making the top of my dryer a permanent home for the GF but I really want a rolling rack with shelves. So, it looks like the window vent is my only option until someone comes up with a more reasonable filter. I have my doubts about how well the GF filter will work and how often the internal filter will need to be replaced. Every other filter for a laser that you can currently buy is about 3x the size and 3x the cost of the the GF filter.