Tool caddy for my mill and a delrin leather stamp

I recently converted a Bridgeport-type knee mill to CNC control, and invested in new quick-change tooling for it. The tools were begging for organization, so I mocked up a tool caddy in Fusion 360, using the TabGen plugin that forum user jbpa has kindly gifted to all of us.

I’m a sucker for the combo of fluorescent green acrylic and black. Go ahead and call me cheesy, I don’t care :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In other news, I’m now a member of the delrin stamp-for-leather club. My talented wife designed the monogram, I modeled it in Fusion and sent it to the Glowforge. Since the inner monogram is an island, I also cut a version in draftboard and used the knockout as a spacer.

Pic shows a test impression using a shop vise, with improperly wetted leather. Finished piece will be done using a 20 ton press after wetting with denatured alcohol. The leather will surround a copper hammered wastebasket as a gift.

34 Likes

Great looking stamp, and I share your appreciation for the acrylic combo.

4 Likes

Fabulous tool caddy! Your stamp is nice, as well.

That stamp is really great!

I also like your color chose for your nicely organized tool caddy. The stamp came out really great.

Gosh, both of these projects are outstanding!

I love the stamp results! So very cool! How long do you leave it in the press to make the impression?

Not long, maybe 10-15 minutes. Thanks for the kind words, everyone!