ToolKaiser

No affiliation or direct experience, just passing on the info.

https://www.toolkaiser.com/

14 Likes

Forgive me, but what purpose does this serve?

Who takes pics of their tools?

2 Likes

You do. It lets you visually organize your cuts for foam inserts.

18 Likes

Aha, my bad. I don’t click on random sites that have a low trust rating.

My organization is well established. It’s called “rummage”… :rofl:

11 Likes

You don’t trust me by now? :wink:

3 Likes

Cool concept!

1 Like

No offense intended. I’ve worked in IT security since the 90’s, and am a tad cautious.

5 Likes

having made tool inserts for many drawers, this looks like a huge time saver. I’ll definitely give it a try!

3 Likes

Ahh I wish my space looked like this! :smiley:

3 Likes

I need one to put them away for me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

We are brethren.
Google Photos

7 Likes

When I worked on aircraft we were required to have tools in drawer inserts. It made sure you weren’t dumb enough to accidentally leave a tool in an engine or cockpit. But those days are long gone. I don’t organize my tools beyond putting like types together.

That said, I really could have used the program to make foam inserts for my telescope parts and eyepieces. It was a pain to do it trial and error. A single glass eyepiece might be $500 and definitely needs cushioning for transport. In addition, nothing ruins your day like finding out you left an expensive part on a rural mountain top the night before while observing. Usually carry a dozen or so eyepieces that are constantly coming in and out of my pelican style cases and coat pockets during the night. A quick look at the end of the night assures me that I haven’t laid one down somewhere.

9 Likes

If anyone tries this I’d be interested to know what you thought of the program.

2 Likes

They really bury the lede. It was a lot of work to figure out what the point of all this was, I had to watch a video and skip to very nearly the end before I could see a piece of foam being laser cut.

Yes, every piece. You could inventory your box at a glance. On top of that, each piece was engraved with the squadron and toolbox number. When the pilot went inverted and he could pick a socket off of the canopy he knew exactly who to have a “conversation” with.
If a screw, part, or tool was dropped in the cockpit, that bird was down until it was recovered.

When I was setting up my own box 40 years ago I started with that system;

But over the years that has devolved into the “rummage” layered method as evidenced in the previous picture, since a $60,000,000 aircraft or someone’s life isn’t at risk. Live long enough, and it looks like @geek2nurse’s father’s garage - where he was the only one who could find anything in there.

4 Likes

Sadly this is one of those videos that if you have the sound on it’s almost the first thing they say, but I almost never have the sound on!

They need a marketing manager.

Here are some of the inserts I made the hard way (manual tracing). After years of digging through drawers looking for tools, (only to find it wasn’t in the drawer after all… I left it out somewhere in the shop) It is a game changer having organized drawers.

6 Likes

They have an interesting approach. I believe you can save work in the “cloud”. I suppose you could have a layout with your tools, and after some time you bought more you could load the original and add the new tools to the layout.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.