Transcending the Medium: Beyond Planes, Edges, and Plywood

Maybe @spike should start a new thread on rose engines! (so we can stop hijacking this one :slight_smile: )

This thread is awesome! Thanks for getting the ideas going—as if my brain didn’t have enough already to try out with my glowforge when it comes!

1 Like

You can. It could get deep.

1 Like

Steam bending is another way to take your work out of the same old plain of existence. This guy’s work is kind of wow. Max Mathias Pleissnig Now just imagine all that with laser engraving. :slightly_smiling:

5 Likes

I am speechless!

so… many… c-clamps!

3 Likes

my grandfather used to do similar stuff for garden walls and such - it’s really cool. also on my hefty creative to-do list

Thought this topic was the perfect place for this:

9 Likes

One of my favorite of the forum. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m thinking with the size of the table it most likely wasn’t actually made on a laser cutter, but the method could easily be replicated at a smaller glowforgeable scale! It’s definitely high on my list of projects to try when the 'forge arrives. :grinning:

So it mentions layers of glass. Do you think acrylic could achieve a similar effect?

2 Likes

I think it should! Or at least I hope it does, that’s what I’m planning on experimenting with at any rate!

I love these tables. I’m sure they’d make a good CNC project, too.

1 Like

Oh most definitely! If only I had the room for a nice CNC router…one day!

@spike I knew I had this link somewhere…
http://www.remark.me.uk/pages/hobbies/ornamental/ornamental.html

6 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

Cookie presses from heaven! Wow.

Check out this awesome lightbox made by @jkopel on JoshForge! Beta project "the console" (Star Trek Lighted Console with Adafruit)

3 Likes

I believe this one counts:

15 Likes

Yes indeedy, it does!

1 Like