Traveling salesman problem revisited

I do think it comes down to expectations, the GFUI is just a print driver to me and anything beyond is frosting.
Any serious design work will take place in an appropriate software like Fusion 360.

9 Likes

Taxes and shipping raise that price considerably. It also lowers the the value of support and parts as shipping and taxes hurt there too. What cloud computing has done is made software improvements routine as they could not be with external programming like Lightburn. There can also be differences in each machine to make the result the same from the same settings.

There are many POVs at the start of designing any laser with each decision having good and bad aspects (if you can manipulate a widget there is knowledge needed about how to do that, if not then you cannot adjust or fix it).

As the GFUI has to accept files from a broad range of sources it cannot manage a special case of one without messing with the others. I use Inkscape the most and usually leave hidden things like clipped images as I use the copied unclipped result so not to lose the mid-steps. Text is also needing to have a changeable version in the background.

If you are extremely dependent on your machine working I would have another available if there are any problems, even if I had a “professional” machine at several times the cost of the GF.
If the machine is down the value is zero until it is fixed.

1 Like