Tray Puzzle 7

Yes, i did that on some of the previous designs. :slight_smile:

@smcgathyfay that is lovely, and pretty much how the commercial version should look. The reason i had the piecws seperate for this one was because i wasn’t sure how accurately the cuts would butt up to each other with the double lines removed. I needn’t have worried! This is the frustrating thing about uploading without being able to test the patterns first.

Me too! It would also look cool if designed as snakes or worms.

2 Likes

Here’s the brain idea I was thinking about earlier:

The puzzle is just the brain. The skull is the frame:

38 Likes

Alright, THAT is a cool idea

6 Likes

I would do the 2 rows of teeth too for good measure. Brains and dentures…lol

8 Likes

I know I’m reviving an old thread, but I made this puzzle last night and really wanted to thank @ian for the file. I did have a question though, it looked like the laser went around each of these pieces twice? I checked my settings and I had indicated to only do 1 pass. Was that intentional?

2 Likes

@julybighouse, did you remove the pieces and spread them around? They were meant to be cut individually.

I had cut them completely separately (I used his initial file at the top and not @smcgathyfay’s version further down). The laser went around each of the pieces twice. Here’s the weird part. The lines around each of the pieces is the same color line around the base, as well as the inside and outside of the frame. The laser went around those three cuts only once. So that tells me that it wasn’t a setting of mine.

I haven’t looked into it closely, but I wonder if there are actually two lines (one on top of the other) in the file around each of the pieces. I don’t have any vector editing software at work so I can’t check it out until I go home.

4 Likes

I just downloaded and checked it. Yep, each of the puzzle pieces is individually grouped with a duplicate. You will have to ungroup them and delete. (This was in the SVG but is probably also true for the .AI).

3 Likes

Yup…double lines…thats why I posted an updated one…

1 Like

that is awesome !!!