Tray Puzzle 7

This is the final puzzle for now. I’ll carry on developing the ideas and will maybe post jpg’s but will definitely post photos when I get to cut them myself. :slight_smile:

This one is slightly different because the pieces will need to be cut separately due to the overlapping cuts - so easier for using different woods/perspex… It uses the same grid as Tray Puzzle 5.

25 Likes

Had a Colonoscopy yesterday and you are trying to remind me of the experience?

22 Likes

That’s got me thinking, a brain would be a good shape for one of these!

8 Likes

I’m not sure you understand what a colonoscopy is… :wink:

12 Likes

For many people the locations are the same.

22 Likes

I’m suspecting that’s not the case for you and @ian.

7 Likes

The train of thought here is simply awesome. :wink:

10 Likes

Er, yes. Been there, had that! :confounded:

4 Likes

I’m just hoping @henryhbk doesn’t chime in. This is already a bit too biological. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Hey Ian,

There is no reason why you wouldn’t be able to make the outer edge of the tray mirror the inside. I think it be nice way to distinguish it from the others. It you are concerned about waste you could tesselate the tray so the could interlock.

Bwahaha. I’m dying here laughing so hard…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

With a bit of tweaking, this can still be cut all at once…
Here…hold my beer…lol
Be back in a bit…

6 Likes

Close up…with masking still on

Yeah for duct tape…

All painted up ready to be assembled.

Heres the file…on my machine, tthe lines needed are hairline but I made them thicker for visual purposes.
Also, I can use 8 different colors to represent 8 different cut/speed settings.
I always set the last cut for the outside edge since I elevate my material and dont want it to drop until the end…
7.pdf (17.4 KB)

I could definitly see cutting this from several materials and mix and match for color variety

34 Likes

You Expanded it? :smile:

3 Likes

No…just reassembled it on the screen, then removed the overlaping lines…Corel is awesome like that :relaxed: there might be a faster way but it only took me an hour from start to finish with painting too…lol

4 Likes

I know…dang it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry, your beer was starting to get warm so I drank it. Nice job on the puzzle!

7 Likes

:scream: :beer: you owe me a beer!! Lol

4 Likes

Haha. So tempting…

3 Likes

As I was painting these, I was thinking streptococcus…lol

2 Likes