Tray Style Bird Feeder

I made this tray-style bird feeder that’s perfect for feeding larger birds like bluejays! I glued it together with hot glue and put burlap down on the bottom to keep the moisture out and the seeds in. I made it about a year or two ago and it still holds up to this day! I’ve found that larger birds love it if you put peanuts in the feeder rather than seeds. They’ll still eat the seeds, but they like the peanuts a lot more. You can find the file below, along with some pictures.

Bird Feeder Tray

30 Likes

Nice! Sometimes the simple ones make the birds the happiest :slight_smile:

BTW, it displays whatever is on your board size. Anything off the edges won’t show in your thumbnail. So to make it display everything (in Inkscape) click Ctl-Shift-D and then “resize page to content” and then “resize page to drawing or selection”.

Now, I always leave my page at 20x12 so the :glowforge: places everything exactly where I did - but that’s how you get the thumbnail to show everything :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I am guessing squirrels would also be interested in this.

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip! It should be fixed now.

6 Likes

You have no idea :joy:

16 Likes

Very nice, peanuts, I would not have thought about that! Thanks for the share!

8 Likes

This is wonderful! That squirrel photo is so funny. Don’t stay away so long next time, we love your work.

7 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the share!

4 Likes

Love it!

Also more squeal photos and you could go viral. :rofl:

5 Likes

I have plenty more :laughing:

8 Likes

Squeal!

3 Likes

The only thing that would make this better is if you had one of those bird cameras attached to it!! (I’m fascinated by those for some reason and eventually want to get one lol)

4 Likes

Update: Even the deer like it! At this point, I suppose its a feeder for all animals :joy:

9 Likes

:rofl:

Fat finger’s small keyboard

1 Like

Ha ha, works both ways.

1 Like